Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kevin

Hi. My name is Kevin. I'm a senior majoring in Asian American Studies.
I'm Filipino and have lived most of my life in Japan and California.

I worked as a producer and songwriter for almost a decade before deciding to return to school. Because of that, I've seen just about everything that goes behind the music industry as a minority - both good and bad. But these experiences altogether have given me the motivation that I need to help eradicate the underrepresentation and inequalities that currently affect people of color.

I am planning to take a year off after I graduate so I can work at a community-based organization in Los Angeles. Afterward, I'll be attending graduate school to further my education in Asian American Studies either at UCLA or San Francisco State.

No comments:

Post a Comment