Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mariel

Hi! I'm Mariel Calinog!

I'm a third year Kinesiology Exercise Science major.
I'm a Filipino American that knows English, Tagalog, and Korean.
Interesting right? I just have this fascination with language which is why I really enjoy learning about other cultures and meeting new people.

I love sports because it gives me the opportunity to travel.
Taekwondo has brought me to Turkey, Egypt, and across the United States. When I travel, I make sure to visit famous landmarks and have a taste of their exotic foods. I've learned a lot in my ten years of practice in Taekwondo, and I'm proud to say I'm still doing it up until this day. I've reached my third degree and hoping to get my next and hold the title of Master.

I'm also very involved in our community. I am all about giving back to a community that has done so much for me. Currently, I'm the Vice President of Administration of CSUN's Circle K International. Hand in hand with my friends, we serve the community, learn leadership skills, and create fellowship that lasts an eternity.

With all my experience so far, I'm just waiting to learn new things and experience a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment